Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trends I Love: Mixed Up Manis

This has got to be one of my very favorite trends of the summer. Nail polish trends have never really embraced tons of color or variation, so I was a little disappointed, but not surprised, when I was looking at the upcoming polish trends for summer back in January and saw that it was mostly pastels and nudes. However, now summer has rolled around and bright is back! I absolutely love, love, love the idea of painting four nails on each hand one color, and the last nail another. It looks so cool and it gives you so much room for fun with your mani. I like that it's a little more toned down than the typical I'm-seven-so-I'm-painting-each-nail-a-different-color look, but it allows you to be so much more creative than the typical monotone mani. My favorite combos that I've done so far have probably been Braziliant on my thumbs, pointers, middles, and pinkies and Fruit Sangria on my ring fingers (both colors by Essie). I also really liked the combo of Fiercely Fiona by OPI and Happy Birthday by Debrah Lippman. I also tried out Yes I Can-Can by OPI and Social Climber by Sephora by OPI with China Glaze Black Crackle over it on the ring fingers (See pic below)...that combo hasn't been my fav, but I still like it!
Also, speaking of crackle, that's the other trend I can't get enough of!!! It is seriously the coolest thing ever! I have 2 China Glazes (black mesh and broken hearted which is pink) and one OPI (blue shatter). I have to say, so far I like the China glaze polishes better. I think it has an easier application and a nicer shatter, but I haven't used the OPI that much yet, so we'll see. I believe now OPI, China Glaze, Sally Hansen, and Sephora by OPI all have shatter collections (China Glaze has two different collections and OPI came out with two individual polishes before their complete collection), so there is pretty much a shatter brand for every price range!

No comments:

Post a Comment